The notion really does explain a lot for me, though. I've made a few attempts to (rather breathlessly) describe to my non-bloggy friends all the cool people, places and things I've read, seen, met in these past few months of blogging. But it seems whenever I've done this, I've only succeeded in bringing whatever conversation I've joined, to a grinding halt.
"Blog?... *Blink, blink*... *polite listening mode*... okay, then... onto the next subject."
Oh dear, I had no idea I was being thought of as a "braggy blogger." Alright, fair enough.
I take particular pride then, in letting it be known that in addition to becoming an eco-warrior wannabe, I've recently become a bath products ho', too. Yep that's right, thanks to Kristy Bowen over at Dulcet. She is a gifted poet, artist, and artisan. I also happen to love her photography. So have a look at some of her hand-made bath delights I've been happily steeping in:
Evangeline Fragrant Bath Tea

Ambrosia Bath Milk

Orange Blossom Bath Salts

And while I'm on a roll here, a couple of other pretties I've scored in the summer past from her lovely shop:
Vintage crochet dress

Hand-made pendant necklace

It will be many months until I can actually wear, but seeing that dress in my closet gives me a tangible reminder of warmer weather to come... so in the meantime, I'll cease the 'showing off' and get back to working on my Audrey gloves whose warmth I'm badly in need of right now. Thanks for indulging me and I hope your day gives time for your own indulgences, too.
Yours,
Miss Understood
(Photos, Kristy Bowen)


Is that what people think? I would respond by saying that taste is subjective, so one person's braggy and boring might be another's fascinating; and there are SO many blogs out there, it seems foolhardy to stereotype them ALL as b&b. But, their loss, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteI have to agree with Woolly. I know that I've visited blogs that I found totally boring, and yet they had 100 followers. Obviously plenty of others found their blog fascinating!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful crocheted dress!
I'm liking your blog!
ReplyDeleteand love that vintage dress BTW.
I hope if someone other than family stumbles upon my blog they enjoy it....but no biggie.
Oh wow! You have hit the motherload in cool treasures! (And you are totally NOT a braggy blogger)
ReplyDeletethank you for the super-kind words!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean, I always feel like I should be talking more about something important when I'm blogging..but then I end up talking about randomness and me and more me..:)
Bragging, eh? I say, "Pshaw!" I have determined that the idea of "bloggy friends" makes no sense to those who have yet to experience such.
ReplyDeleteI have found some, well a lot, of really nice and interesting bloggers. Who wrote that article and what do they know? Silly person. I love getting little glimpses into other's lives and hardly ever find them boring. And I love that dress!
ReplyDeleteThere's nothing wrong with a little randomness anyway - are we all supposed to be Proust? I offer my blog for people to read, to comment, to engage - or not - as they choose. Your photos are beautiful. Love the dress.
ReplyDeletethat's a really funny sketch, I cringed too (even though I don't twitter)! I like your blog, its interesting to read and whimsical.. I haven't told friends that I've started a blog as I feel that its a part of me I can't share with them for some reason, even though they know i crochet and they see what I make. Weird, right?!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comments and I love your photos. :) xxx