When I first met my husband, we would eat dinner around 9pm almost every night. I taught piano at a private music school and didn’t have to be at work until 3pm on lesson days so (at least I) could afford to stay up late. That was 16 years ago.
Today, I love… my man more than ever and our three kids. We’ve infiltrated the suburbs but I dream of small towns; this self-admitted misfit longs for undulating topographies underneath quiet gray skies. I love the outdoors (and the indoors) of big cities, too; the mix of culture, ideas, history, the upbeat pace and energy.
But my favorite venues are "fiber" ones: Knit Group on Thursdays mornings, Spin Group on Saturdays and home, where I find the comfort of yarn endeavors, a retreat from navigating the unfiltered outside world, along with books as treasures, the constant companionship and noise of not-so-small offspring, strong coffee, lavender tea...... and we still like to eat dinner late.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


We like to eat dinner late too!! Always funny when people call at 6:30 and ask if we are having dinner.. :)
ReplyDeleteI know you eat dinner late, Mocha... I eat with you!
ReplyDeleteI know... huhu :)
ReplyDelete