Thursday, March 5, 2009

Cat's Meow



Oh goody, goody, GOODY! I realize this is more Twitter than proper blog post but I don't do 'the Twitter' and I just wanted to say: OH GOODY!

No sooner had I been wishing, hoping, dreaming I could someday become a farm girl complete with boots, apron, basket for collecting eggs from the chickens... then my dear friend Linda phoned to ask if the kids and I would be willing to tend her 'little farm' for a whole week!!! The regular caretaker was unavailable and since the Three are now big enough to help, she thought of us. Linda's daughter and Morgan have been friends since they were just 3 years old. We've never had any pets of our own so our animal lover, Morgan has had to live vicariously through her long-time friend when it comes to the furry ones.

The 'little farm' is a picture-perfect homestead with horses, goats, chickens, lop-ear bunnies, kitties (one named Ally, pictured above)--- plus a big ol' dog to boot! Ohhhh!!! We are sooo excited!!!

Thank you Linda! You are my bestest fwiend ever!!!

6 comments:

  1. Yay! How fun for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun. I love this fat cat picture too - it makes me smile....Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fatty, Ali. She doesn't seem that fat in real life, I guess the camera really adds 10 pounds!
    YAY! I'm EXCITED!! CAN'T WAIT!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, we don't start for a few weeks--- tick...tock...tick...tock...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, what fun! I think I could love farm life for just about one week. (After that, the appreciation might begin to wear off along with the novelty of the work.)

    ReplyDelete