Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Misrepresented?

I saw this card while shopping at our local organic food store:



"Hilarious!" I racked my brain for someone I could send it to. Later though, I felt a bit badly for finding it so amusing. After all, people who are willing say, to make their office commute on a Segway instead of in a car, (as does a neighbor of mine) are only guilty of doing well for the environment. Riding a Segway shouldn't automatically qualify someone as a "dork!" Right?

Then I remembered coming across this photo:



If "dork" can be defined as: an otherwise able-bodied person who automatically chooses Segway-ing over walking......can there be any exception???

3 comments:

  1. The card cracks me up!!!!
    But that is just horrible, that person "walking" their baby stroller. puh-lease!
    I hope this won't lead to the world being like the people in Wall-E!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I am snickering yet a little aghast at this photo. Not only is that behavior supremely lazy, it looks sort of dangerous for that stroller! (which begs the question, what is a stroller that is not strolled?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good point GG--- in this case, STROLLER minus STROLL equals 'ER......' emergency room?!

    ReplyDelete