Thursday, December 10, 2009

Knit like crazy



So typical. I've waited until December to start my gift knitting. With the amount of knitting I've planned to do, I must be nuts to think I'll be anywhere near done by Christmas. Go on. Serve me up a slice crazy pie.

Luckily, those awesome girls at the The Oregonian are currently posting a new one-skein pattern on their blog every day until Christmas. Lots of great ideas to be found and all are free patterns.

In fact, if you have a favorite one-skein pattern (doesn't have to be your own design) and it's available for free, send Mims and Peggy a link. If your pattern submission is chosen to be featured, you'll be entered in a grand prize drawing for lots of knitting goodies. I did, the mitts above. And I'm entered!


Back to knitting now.... and my pie.

10 comments:

  1. Oh good, I'm not the only one! So much knitting to be done, so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do we get to see the results of all this knitting? You always make such beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mitts are lovely! I'm never smart enough to start a craft project well enough ahead of time to make a proper gift out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the same boat... oh well, we can do it... or try. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are lovely! I just started knitting something black, and realised how rarely I knit in black, and how much I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That photo is sooooo relaxing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look gorgeous....have totally neglected my handknit gifts this year. Have got two pairs of socks on the needles and even that is going to be a push. Have a happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One slice of crazy pie coming up!

    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the hand dyed yarn you did! It reminds me of New Mexico, Native American art and sands of the dessert. I wouldn't be so hard on yourself - it may not have matched your initial vision, but I think you still made some beautiful yarn!

    Brian

    ReplyDelete