Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Happy now



The button wall at Tricoter in Seattle: one of my favorite destinations within one of my favorite destinations. It could very well be Disneyland to me.



A visit to the button wall means that I've recently completed a knitted item... Beth instead of the originally intended Pagan. Hopefully, it will be a versatile piece.

Picnik collage

With help from Ola, I settled on these horn buttons and decided to apply them with the wrong side facing out.

After tucking in ends and placing the final button, I did as any good patron (who's made to feel like they have the run of the place) would do--- and popped the completed sweater on the store mannequin for a proper picture! I love my local yarn store ;)

Beth


Here is Ola (on the right) with Yiming: two of Tricoter's loveliest, most knowledgeable in-house knitting and finishing experts.



In keeping with our "happy" theme... a gratuitous shot of the fuzzy, warm stuff that gives cause for the heart to beat faster...

And then there's me in another type of happy place: inside a toasty knitted object of warmth ;) yay!
Beth

12 comments:

  1. great pictures and the sweater turned out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweater turned out GORGEOUS! And that's an awesome LYS. I'll make sure to stop by when I'm in Seattle sometime. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sweater and it looks great on you! That's a very impressive button wall, too. Lucky you to have a great LYS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! And the store too - looks like one I should check out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful - I love the texture on your sweater AND the colour. Love that wall, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sweater is gorgeous! I absolutely adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute jumper and that store looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sweater turned out fantastic. I wish that I could have joined you at Tricoter to see the finishing process! Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is gorgeous. And I prefer the buttons reversed, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you found button heaven! And I love the cardigan, looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sweater is gorgeous! And that yarn store -- to die for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the sweater -- and what an awesome yarn store!~

    ReplyDelete